1. Complete the CMET Application. Email the complete application to email@example.com. Downloadable Application. Click here for sample questions
2. Arrange for payment. Payment can be made directly on the NMEA website, online order or call 410-975-9425 Fee: Member $100.00 – Non Member $300.00
3. The test consists of 120 questions.
• Passing Score is 80%.
• You will have three hours to complete the exam.
• Each test must be proctored by a NMEA approved center. For instance, a library or technical school may be a proctor, but the location must be pre-approved by NMEA. Contact the NMEA office: 410-975-9425 or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The only document you may use for the test is the "CMET Formulas” document.
5. A scientific calculator may be used.
6. NMEA highly recommends the following study guides - Resource Materials. The applicant receives a PDF version of the NMEA Installation Standard at no additional charge.
7. If the applicant fails the test at first attempt, the applicant must wait a period of 60 days but not longer than 6 months to retake the test at no charge from the initial date of the test. Same rules apply for proctoring.
8. The second failure will result in a waiting period of 1 year from the date of the second failed exam date before the test will be re-administered and fee of $100.00 for members and non members will be due before the test will be provided. Same rules apply for proctoring.
9. A third failure will result in the fee of $100.00 and a waiting period of 60 days but no longer than 6 months to retake the test from the third failed date. Same rules apply for proctoring.